Ever wondered what goes into the process of making comics?
We’re hosting a workshop for aspiring comics creators! Through hands-on drawing and writing exercises, participants will learn how to use comics elements such as characters, dialogue, art, and speech bubbles to create their own comics.
This workshop is for those who wish to start drawing comics. No prior illustration experience is needed – all you need is an interest in comics! The minimum age to attend is 9 years old.
Date: 27 Dec 2018, Thursday
Time: 10am – 1pm
Venue: Closetful Of Books,
Oxley BizHub 1, 71 Ubi Road 1, #07-43
Cost: $50 per person
Drawing materials will be provided, but feel free to bring your own.
Sign up details:
Registration has closed. Please subscribe to our mailing list or follow our Facebook for more details on future workshops.
Participants will learn:
Elements of Comics
- Elements that go into sequential art
- The process of comics creation – from script to print
- How composition and perspective are used in panels
- How to effectively employ framing and timing to create suspense
- How to draw basic character features and bodies
- How to draw different types of facial expressions
- How to create believable characters with unique personalities and motivations
- How dialogue and art work together to create a compelling story
- How to plan comics with basic script and thumbnails
- This workshop is capped at 25 participants. Registration closes 13 December 2018, 11.59pm, or when the workshop reaches full capacity.
- Workshop registration is only confirmed when full payment has been received from a participant.
Workshop Cancellation Policy:
- If a registered participant cannot attend the workshop, he/she may request to invite another person to substitute his/her place in the workshop at any time, with no charge.
- Alternatively, if a participant chooses to cancel his/her confirmed registration, $5 will be charged for administrative purposes. The rest of the workshop fee will be refunded.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.